From: "S&JY" <youngst...@konnections.net>
To: "Silver List" <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Subject: Re: CS>Polarity Switching ?...-Some thoughts about it.
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 08:05:05 -0700

Carlos,

In practice, it takes a finite amount of time, every time the polarity is
switched, for the flow of ions to stop and reverse direction.  During that
time, ion production is less.  So in practice, a polarity switched setup
will produce less silver in solution than an unswitched version, keeping all
other parameters the same.

Some people, myself included,  just switch electrodes every batch to keep
electrode wear the same, and don't bother with the extra complication of
polarity switching.  Going another step, if you reduce the constant current
to about 0.2 milliamp (0.0002 amp), so that your production takes 24 hours,
you can eliminate stirring as well.  The normal Brownian movement of the
water will be all the "stirring" that is needed.

If you need higher production, your wall adapter can run up to hundreds of 1
quart CS generators at the same time, each consuming only 0.2 milliamp.
Just add a 0.2 ma constant current diode in series with each quart brewer &
connect them all to your wall adapter.  An ppripriate diode is 1N5283 (0.22
ma), available from Mouser.

--Steve Y.