Marshal and Dan:

Many thanks for your replies!

I got myself a couple of diagnoses through those
"ask-a-doctor" sites, and they both feel that it's most
likely a viral meningitis I'm dealing with. Anyway,
the worst seems over. I zapped my neck yesterday
for about 15 minutes and the pain at the base and
back of my head magically disappeared within record
time of doing so. No more fever either. Still got some
headaches on the sides, but am confident I'll be as
good as new in a few days :-). I'll keep up frequent
swishing with EIS for some time to make sure it won't
come back.

Am truly grateful to this group who freely shares so
much knowledge, and to Mike who makes this happen.

Thanks!

Heidi