Very off topic, but there is a old HP computer simulator called HP9800E which
fully simulates in software the look, feel and sound of the HP98XX range of
programmable calculators/computers. If you run it up it makes the fan noises
and the printer noises and everything whilst flashing all thr right lights. If
you use some of the peripherals, like the plotter or tape drive, it even makes
plotter and tape drive noises. Very comprehensive.
http://hp9800e.sourceforge.net/

Also, I have simh running on a SheevaPlug plug computer under Debian linux
which provides a UART and USB for serial connections (it has no PC type
console). I use a serail terminal emulator as the console, but If I had a
Decwriter or a teleetype it would work.