On 2018-01-26 01:34, Warren Young wrote:
On Thu, Jan 25, 2018 at 4:44 PM, Johnny Billquist <b...@softjar.se <mailto:b...@softjar.se>> wrote:

    I wonder if...this might be from some other BASIC dialect that DEC
    had at some point.

I believe we're using these BASIC programs as-is in our OS/8 distribution <http://tangentsoft.com/pidp8i/#os8>. 1975 is late in the PDP-8's lifetime, but also right at its peak of use, especially in education, since the microcomputer revolution had just barely gotten rolling by that point.

Hmm. I would not expect much of that code to work on the BASIC that's under OS/8 without changes as well. I also checked another file, and found a comment that they should all work on RSTS/E and RSTS-11, except for SPACWR and another one, and of course I did most of my examination on SPACWR. So that explains it. That specific file have more issues. Maybe the others will work fine in BASIC+ then.

  Johnny

email: b...@softjar.se             ||  Reading murder books