On 02/07/2018 05:57 PM, simh-requ...@trailing-edge.com wrote:
[Simh] anyone know how to convert/translate turbo pascal to
        vax     pascal?

since I did all that work recreating "castle" from the vax to the pc
using turbo pascal (then free pascal)
I'd like to "port" it back to the vax,
but the vms 7.3 pascal compiler doesn't recognize "writeln"
and I suspect things like types and records and case statements wont work
either.

anyone have any ideas?
Umm, I just looked back at some Pascal code I had on VAX Pascal, and it DEFINITELY has writeln statements in it. This is such basic Pascal syntax, I can't imagine that did not work. But, maybe you have to enable some library or Pascal "unit" to use those functions.

Jon