On 2018-04-10 20:24, Robert Armstrong wrote:
I suspect that might be ok.

   Well, empirically it doesn't work.  The file foo.rd54 is never created and
the disk appears offline to any guest OK.  Not OK.  Sorry.

That does sound broken. But I wonder how much that has to do with the "format". But I honestly am just guessing here. But I can't really see that the format is the source of the problem. Paul's suggestion that this might reflect on how the underlying storage is accessed seems reasonable. In which case it might be indicative of some bug in simh that has been introduced which is related in some way to what format then means.

I guess we'll see Mark or someone else who knows the itty bitty details to respond.

  Johnny

email: b...@softjar.se             ||  Reading murder books