On Monday, March 16, 2020 at 12:12 AM, Lars Brinkhoff wrote:
> Lars Brinkhoff wrote:
> > I'd like to set up SIMH to simulate a GT40 as closely as possible.  To
> > be precise, the GT40 that was a the MIT AI Lab.
> >
> > So far, I have this:
> >
> > set cpu 11/05
> > set cpu 16k
> > set dli enabled
> > set dli lines=2
> > set vt enabled
> > set vt crt=vr14
>
> I have been having trouble running some GT40 software with this.  Turns out
> one crucial detail is missing:  An interrupt vector for the VT11.
> Apparenty the ROM and Lunar Lander don't use the VT11 interrupt, but some
> other software does.  With the addition of
>
>    set vt vec=320
>
> those programs work too.  This conflicts with the DZ11 device which is enabled
> by default; it's not part of the GT40 hardware so just remove  it.
>
> Now the GT40 can be used with Emacs and Spacewar.

The vector for all enabled devices is set automatically by the autoconfigure
algorithm.  The vector for the VT device comes out of the floating vector space
which is allocated dynamically and depends on the other devices in the
configuration.  The configuration you spelled out with 2 DLI lines, and the
VT device, the VT device will automatically get a vector of 320 if the DZ
has been disabled.  I'm bothering to say this since any time you hard set
a device address or vector, you disable the autoconfigure assignment of
addresses and vectors.  With that disabled, you then have to manually
assign addresses and vectors to any other devices which you may enable
after you have hard set any address or vector.  The results may produce
unexpected or confusing behavior.

- Mark