Hello mailing list,

I want to use the Simtrace for my master thesis on enhancing privacy in mobile
For this purpose I recently bought 2 Simtraces. However I have a few questions:

Which firmware is on newly shipped Simtraces? The "buggy" v0.5 or the community
enhanced version?

Also I wanted to flash new firmware to the device (both from simlabtrace
(https://github.com/kamwar/simlabTrace/wiki), as well as newly compiled
firmware from git repository (git://git.osmocom.org/openpcd.git). I wasn't able
to try the community fix since the
 is down.
The flashing process itself freezes after checking the connection state of the
device. Even though the device is listed as idle the process does not continue.
Any idea why? I'm working on a fresh and updated Kali Linux. If it's the OS do
you have any suggestion for using another?

If the support/development of the Simtrace is at an end can you recommend
similar devices?

Michael Kramer