I wonder if real kook science gets the treatment that the WSJ gave the
Singularity Summit? for example, do conferences of "paranormal
scientists" get written up in mocking tones in leading media? Even
when "creation science"  attracts attention in the mainstream media,
it is not in these terms.

Steve Mirsky's Anti-Gravity column in Scientific American has
dismissed transhumanism in along with kook science, but I think that
the serious media generally does not pay this level of (negative)
attention to quackery.

Joshua