Mike,

Your comments are irresponsible. Many problems of AGI have been solved. If you disagree with that, specify exactly what you mean by a "problem of AGI", and let us list them.

1.General Problem Solving and Learning (independently learning/solving problem in, a new domain)

2.Conceptualisation [Invariant Representation] - forming concept of Madonna which can embrace rich variety of different faces/photos of her

3.Visual Object Recognition

4.Aural "Object" Recognition [dunno proper term here - being able to recognize same melody played in any form]

5.Analogy

6.Metaphor

7.Creativity

8.Narrative Visualisation - being able to imagine and create a visual scenario ( a movie) [just made this problem up - but it's a good one]

[By all means let's identify some more unsolved problems BTW..]

I think Ben & I more or less agreed that if he had really solved 1) - if his pet could really independently learn to play hide-and-seek after having been taught to fetch, it would constitute a major breakthrough, worthy of announcement to the world. And you can be sure it would be provoking a great deal of discussion.

As for your "discoveries,"fine, have all the self-confidence you want, but they have had neither public recognition nor, as I understand, publication or identification. Nor do you have a working machine. And if you're going to claim anyone in AI, like Hofstadter, has solved 5 or 6...puh-lease.

I don't think any reasonable person in AI or AGI will claim any of these have been solved. They may want to claim their method has promise, but not that it has actually solved any of them.

Which of the above, or any problem of AGI, period, do you claim to have been solved?