-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Attila
Sipos
Sent: Friday, July 07, 2006 12:33 PM
To: sip-implementors@cs.columbia.edu
Subject: [Sip-implementors] Multiple Contacts and BYE

I would like to ask a question about the following scenario...

UserAgent1
----INVITE--------------->
         <----------302 with Contact: <sip:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>;<sip:[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>
----ACK--------------->

so it gets redirected...
----INVITE [EMAIL PROTECTED]>
         <---------100/180/200---
----ACK--------------------->

Then later it hangs up...

----BYE [EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                     no response
----BYE [EMAIL PROTECTED]>

after a several retries, UserAgent1 eventually gives up

Now I have some people who believe that since there
is no response, the UserAgent1 should then try
----BYE [EMAIL PROTECTED]>

But I believe that they are wrong.

Who is right?

Regards,

Attila

Attila Sipos
http:/www.vegastream.com

"This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use
of the intended recipient.  Any unauthorized review, use or distribution by
others is strictly prohibited.  If you have received the message in error,
please advise the sender by reply email and delete the message. Thank you."