Agree there is no generic behavior here. IMO, if there are multiple UAs
registered to the same AOR, then one should be able to call the AOR and
reach the others. If a UA initiates an INVITE and receives that invite
itself, in many cases it should probably reject that, because it is
busy. It can be tricky if the calling UA supports something like call
waiting, because it might alert for the incoming call even though it has
an outgoing call in progress.

Putting your outgoing call on hold in order to handle the incoming call
to yourself would probably not be very satisfying. :-) But luckily that
is probably pretty difficult to do, because its hard to put a outgoing
call on hold before it has answered.