Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 23:06:09 -0400
From: "Olivier Jacques" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Sipp-users] SIPp
To: Carre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: sipp-users <sipp-users@lists.sourceforge.net>

>  Hi Olivier,
>

> maybe you can help with a problem what i have. For a
school project should i
> make a automatic testframework for SIP and RTP.

Good project!

>The test is running in that way
>
> SIP client A call SIP client B
> SIP client give RINGING back - but a application
server catch this message
> and give a new ringtone as RTP session back.
>
> My problem is now - i can use SIPp to check the
whole SIP
communication -
> but is it also possible to check maybe as pattern
check is the right
ring
> ton is comming back?
>
> If it is not possible via SIPp have you a hint/tip
for me in which
way i
> can 'automatic' (like in a script) testscenario?

As you spotted, SIPp doesn't check the RTP. Any RTP
that comes in is
just
thrown away. What I am not sure is how you would
actually do what you
need.
If the "tone" you are speaking about is a DTMF (or a
serie of DTMFs),
then
you could add code in SIPp to retrieve the RTP, get
the payload out of
it,
and use a DTMF detector to check that the DTMF(d) you
expected is(are)
part
of the RTP stream (and if you do that, please let us
know).
You might try other methods to "recognize" the RTP
stream, but it
really
depends if you are in control of the RTP stream you
get from the AS.
In any case, SIPp needs some modifications to retrieve
and parse the
RTP
stream.

Olivier.