Le 15/11/2017 à 15:53, Laurent Bercot a écrit :
Linus has said, multiple times, that sysfs wasn't supposed to be a
stable interface, so applications should just not access sysfs.

"Applications should not access sysfs" doesn't mean there should be only one version of the intermediate library. There's already Systemd-Udev and Eudev versions, at least. For the case of Xorg, it just means sysfs access should not be hard-coded in the source of Xorg, but there should be some library in between, so that it is not necessary to recompile Xorg for every version of the kernel. So any replacement for the needed subset of libudev would do it.

I don't know what evdev is (I guess some virtual device) and what's its place in the big Xorg picture, but I think some of you guys know it. Any usefull link?

    Didier