> After I posted about displayline with additional option, I found same item in
> the tracker.
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=1963451&group_id=192583&atid=941984
> I think control of window activation is a factor to make user easier.
> So, I believe there is some demand of the background option -g for
> displayline.
> As you say, it is very easy to delete the line.
> But, command line option seems to be more natural for this feature.

I agree.  Having various optional command line controls on a program
makes it richer and more people will use it.

I "solved" this problem on Mac OS X by noting that if one uses 'open'
to reopen an application (/Applications/Terminal in this case) then
focus returns to the application.  So I include the 'open' call inside
my scripts (wrapped in another script called 'focus').

When I write my file out atchange wakes up and processes it (eg runs
latex, dvips, ps2pdf) and then Skim automatically refreshes.  Then the
focus returns to my Terminal because of 'open'.  Voila!  However,
there is an interval when the focus is not on the Terminal and if I
type during that time the characters are lost.  So having a command
line option for Skim to avoid changing the focus would be great!

Tom

  Thomas D. Schneider, Ph.D.
  National Institutes of Health
  National Cancer Institute
  Gene Regulation and Chromosome Biology Laboratory
  Molecular Information Theory Group
  Frederick, Maryland  21702-1201
  schne...@mail.nih.gov
  t...@alum.mit.edu (permanent)