Hello,
I'm a relatively new skim user who came to the program through a number of rave
reviews by academics. From what I've seen so far, I'm a great fan, and I
appreciate the work of the skilled folks working on the program.
Like many I've seen on the forum, I'm trying to integrate skim into a workflow
that includes other PDF readers. In my case, this is primarily iAnnotate on the
iPad. Because the iAnnotate and Mac ends of my workflow are about equally
important, a simplified (one step) export option would be quite useful. I've
done enough reading on the forums to understand that this is a touchy point
with developers, who are justifiably annoyed that a beautifully designed piece
of software is used by many in a hobbled fashion. Nonetheless, with my current
workflow, the ability to quickly export indeed often trumps the ability to
re-edit past annotations and all the other excellent options that come with
saving in Skim's native format.
My question is simply this: is anyone out there aware of a split-off project
based on Skim that admits for a quicker, simpler (one-step) export option? I'm
not a programmer, and I have no idea how to approach programming something like
this, but I'm guessing it's possible that there are those out there who are,
and have perhaps looked into just such an option.
Thanks in advance for any thoughts. Apologies to those who find this to be
abuse of a great piece of software.
Josh