I can see this effect on my MacBook Pro with non-retina display. Comparing the
same PDF file in Preview and Skim, Preview renders a smoother output.

One more thing that I have noticed is the difference in "Actual Size" zoom
setting between Preview and Skim. Whereas Preview opens a page with the size of
actual document, pressing cmd-0 generates a page that is smaller than the
actual size of paper. Could it be related to retina vs non-retina displays?

Hooman

—
Sent from Mailbox