Christiaan:

> A new version of Skim is available for download at
> <http://skim-app.sourceforge.net/> or using the built-in updater.

Thank you VERY MUCH for so actively keeping Skim going!!

When Skim launches, I get this message:

   A new version of Skim is available!
   You have 1.4.27.
   Version 1.4.29

(That's approximate because I don't want to type the whole thing.  If
you want us to give exact messages then it would be best to make ALL
text of popups be cut/pasteable [if you can].)

When I click 'Install Update' a 'Downloading update ...' window appears
and then immediately on top of that is another:

   Update Error!

   An error occurred while downloading the update.
   Please try again later.

The only option at that point is to 'Cancel Update'.
This happened repeatedly on a Mac OS X 10.11.6.  However, on 10.10.5 and 10.6.8
had no trouble updating.  I have a clear connection to the internet.

Any idea what's wrong or what to do?  Previous updates went ok.

Tom

  Thomas D. Schneider, Ph.D.
  Senior Investigator
  National Institutes of Health