Hi,

I’m having a lot of trouble with skim notes.

 I saw that one of the pdfs I was working on could no longer be opened by any
pdf app I had, and showed as "0 bytes” in the finder menu.

1. I took a backup of the pdf and applied the skim note (menu —> “read skim
notes”). When I hit save the file goes —> 0 bytes.

2. So I then took a completely unannotated version of the pdf and tried #1
again —> 0 bytes

3. I created skim notes from an annotated pdf that did NOT yet have a skim note
file associated with it (menu —>“create skim notes”). This creates a new skim
file (I assume). When I hit save —> 0 bytes

The skim app itself does not crash in any of these circumstances; however it
does hang.

I’m just trying to work on this pdf and keep my annotations I’ve added over
months. Does anyone know I can fix this?

Mac, 10.11.6 + Skim versions 1.4.29 and 1.4.28

Help appreciated! -pr