Hello,

I have a strange more or less inconsistent problem saving my existing skim
documents ( with external skim-notes file ) to my storage using Mac osx 10.10
and 10.13
It only happens when Skim opens a PDF file and a popup comes up saying that
"external notes file is found”
After opening en editing the notes, The document can not be saved anymore to
the storage.  But I can do "save as” even with the same filename to the storage.

This problem has come up quite recently. I have a lot of pdf’s with external
notes on the same storage in the same directory.
These are no permission problems saving to this storage.
The only thing this storage does is changing the UID and GID from the files so
that many users can have acces without problems.

Until recently this was not a problem for skim.

For the newer files saved by skim I saw that there are x-attributes  saved with
the file like.

xattr IWWJB_reports3.pdf
com.apple.FinderInfo
net_sourceforge_skim-app_notes
net_sourceforge_skim-app_text_notes
net_sourceforge_skim-app_rtf_notes
net_sourceforge_skim-app_BFA1220A-C4DF-4170-816A-1BB5B27FE1C5-0
net_sourceforge_skim-app_569FFE23-53E0-4A03-AF35-6F76B9D00CC1-0

for the skim notes the look:

xattr IWWJB_reports3.skim
com.apple.FinderInfo

If I remove these attributes, than I can save the file once.

My older skim files don’t have the ‘net_sourceforge_skim attributes.

this problem is not solved by the last release.
This release makes it worse by crashing when the document is closed by clicking
on the “red” window-closing button  ( mac osx 10.10.5 )

Regards,

Rob.

ROB VAN HALTEREN
AV | IT System Engineer