On 05/09/2020 16:10, Dave Woodfall wrote:
I'm not really bothered either way, since I already have vim setup
with an autocmd, but I'd like to point out that root's vim has
modeline execution turned off by default as a security measure,
so if you're in the habit of testing a slackbuild, then edit it, then
test again, you would need to keep logging in and out in-between all
the time.
I edit using Qt Creator as regular user.
I then test building in QEMU (libvirt).

If your hardware allows, I strongly suggest going this path.
There are more added benefits to this choice as well.