At 11:57 AM 12/9/99 +1100, David wrote:
>Recently I had to re-wire my entire terrace house for mains
>power. Ihad the sparks put in cat5 into every room (not so
>hard when they are running wires in any case). I now have
>telephony and computer throughout. One permanent modem
>connected server (RH), one RH workstation (well, server..
>well.. whatever you like), one iMac, one powerpc, one laptop,
>one gates special. Next year I'm going to look at plugging in
>the toaster. So easy when you use the right operating system
>in the first place. Now all the kids have email. I recommend
>it.
But how did you convince the Mrs to allow the connection in the loo, not to
mention the bedroom ??
The bedroom I can cope without, but as she's banned the Linux books from
the lav, I have to have *something* to pass the time, hence the net
connection and a notebook...:-)
Only place in my house where I can get peace and quiet !!!
Jon
P.S. Anyone know of any problems running video over cat5 ??
--
SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
unsubscribe in the text