> I am certainly the person who knows least about Linux
> But folks please bear with me...I have just been at a
> learning stage. So please be patient and dont laugh at
> my silly questions.

i promise =)
 
> I have been trying to use df command to find out the following....
> Can anyone tell me how do i do this? I have looked through the man
> pages using man df..but there is not much information maybe because
> I am using ver 5.2.

that would be redhat 5.2?
 
> Using df command
> How do i find how many partitions i have mounted?

just type "mount" instead, and it will tell you

> How much disk space I have left on my Linux partition? and

im on rh52 atm, just type df and it gives a great output of 
mounted partition information.

> How many more files can I create on my Linux partitions?

i dont think your average user can make that many files

 
Dean
--
SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
unsubscribe in the text

Reply via email to