thanx for that telinit 5 (I didn't know about that one).
OK. I tried to invoke telinit 5, and init 5. When the system boots up it
says that it's got runlevel 5, but still goes into console login.
this is the orig msg...
I have just installed RH6.1 and had to tweak my /etc/X11/XF86Config file to
get the correct monitor / card settings. To to this I has to edit the
/etc/inittab file and alter the runlevel from 5 to 3. This was fine.. I did
the changes and invoked startx to kick up X. Now the problem is. I have
changed the runlevel back to 5 and rebooted the PC. Upon doing so it still
wants a console logon. Once I login, I try to run prefdm (or gdm) and it
says that it's running. startx is fine also, but the question is... how do I
force it to boot into a gui login?
______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
--
SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
unsubscribe in the text