Jamie Honan wrote:

> 
> Guile, Scheme, Lisp, elisp : languages with "Lots of Infuriating Silly
> Parenthesis" - an unfair description.
> 

indeed...

As I was not there I don't know whether these were covered but... stk is
a very interesting scheme distribution incorproating the tk widget
toolkit and providing a very nice, native scheme interface to it...
Historically it was stk that inspired the guile project.

You can find it at http://kaolin.unice.fr... BSD style license

PS Is there likely to be a summary of some of the presentations posted? 
I would really like to see something on the common unix little languages
- i.e. sed and awk.

Regards and thanks (in absence) to the presenters,
-- 
Andrew Dorrell PhD.        Research Engineer
Canon Information Systems Research Australia     Phone: 61 2 9805 2224 
1 Thomas Holt Drive,  North Ryde,  NSW 2113.     Fax:   61 2 9805 2929
--
SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
unsubscribe in the text

Reply via email to