On Fri, Mar 24, 2000 at 09:19:37AM +1100, Josh Dixon wrote:
> G'day,
> 
>     I'm trying to setup a procedure such that certain sections of my system log are 
>mailed to a different address each night. The only problem I have at the moment, is 
>that the system log is rotated just before the mail job is processed. If I set it up 
>so that the system log is not rotated, then I get all the old entries mailed to me as 
>well.
> 
> Basically, how do I go about prioritising the cron jobs that are run each night?

If you are running a RedHat system and you want to do all things funky with 
your logs then you should look at doing it through logrotate. You
should be able to edit either one of the files in /etc/logrotate.d/ or 
/etc/logrotate.conf to have arbitary command executed, before or after
a log is rotated. See man logrotate for details.


-- 
Horms
--
SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
unsubscribe in the text

Reply via email to