> Josh Dixon wrote:
> 
> G'day,
> 
>     I'm trying to setup a procedure such that certain sections of my system log are 
>mailed to a different address each night. The only problem I have at the moment, is 
>that the system log is rotated just before the mail job is processed. If I set it up 
>so that the system log is not rotated, then I get all the old entries mailed to me as 
>well.
> 
> Basically, how do I go about prioritising the cron jobs that are run each night?
> 
> Thanks,
> Josh

I assume you're talking Red Hat 6.1 or similar with an
/etc/cron.daily directory.

The jobs in /etc/cron.daily are run in alphabetical order.
Call your job 000sendmethelogs or something, and it will
get run first.

----+------------------------+--------------------------
Del | mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] | Christchurch, New Zealand
----+------------------------+--------------------------
--
SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
unsubscribe in the text

Reply via email to