The info is in the Boot-Prompt howto.

You shoudn't have any problems with the standard settings (did one just
today in fact)

Try a base address of 0x330 DMA 5 BIOS DC00

You may have to reserve IRQ 11 and DMA 5 for "Legacy ISA" in the PNP BIOS

If you read the aha1542.c of the module, I think it mentions you can't just
specify
a new base address.  The minimum is a host of settings.

The one I did today did not need any settings, just
"alias scsi_hostadapter aha1542" in conf.modules.

I had to use the "linear" option in the lilo.conf file for booting.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Terry Collins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Slug" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, 10 April 2000 7:39 PM
Subject: [SLUG] aha1542 settings


> Hello Folks
>
> Can ayone remember how to spec the settings for a adaptec 1542 on
> insmod? I can not find the scsi doco on any of my RH machines. I'm
> trying to move the tape and CD drives onto a second SCSI card to get
> better performance.
> --
>    Terry Collins {:-)}}} Ph(02) 4627 2186 Fax(02) 4628 7861
>    email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  www: http://www.woa.com.au
>        or [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>    WOA Computer Services <lan/wan, linux/unix, novell>
>    snail:  PO Box 1047, Campbelltown, NSW 2560.
>
>  "People without trees are like fish without clean water"
> --
> SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
> To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
> unsubscribe in the text
>

--
SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
unsubscribe in the text

Reply via email to