Thanks Ian
I found the SCSI stuff I was seeking under /usr/doc/HOWTO/unmaintained
after I sent the message (usualy story).
I should clarify, I'm loading an Adaptec 2740 fine, which runs the
hard disks fine and previously ran everything fine.
I'm now trying to shift the tape drive and CDroms off onto a Adaptec
1542 as these devices are only SCSI 1 (5MB/sec) and the hard disks are
SCSI 2 and will run up to 20MB/sec.
So, I'm really looking for an insmod solution if I can get it.
Ian Ward wrote:
>
> The info is in the Boot-Prompt howto.
>
> You shoudn't have any problems with the standard settings (did one just
>
as I'm getting a "device or resource busy error message", it might be
Ian's legacy settings in bios suggestion that has a factor.
...snip....
--
Terry Collins {:-)}}} Ph(02) 4627 2186 Fax(02) 4628 7861
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] www: http://www.woa.com.au
or [EMAIL PROTECTED]
WOA Computer Services <lan/wan, linux/unix, novell>
snail: PO Box 1047, Campbelltown, NSW 2560.
"People without trees are like fish without clean water"
--
SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
unsubscribe in the text