Sorry - Many, many thanks to Chris for all the help he gave me getting the
array up in the first place!

Mike
---
Michael S. E. Kraus
Administration
Capital Holdings Group (NSW) Pty Ltd
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
phone (02) 9955 8000 fax (02) 9955 8144

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
22/01/2003 11:18 AM

        To:     Christopher Samuel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        cc:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Subject:        [SLUG] Re: Properly fixed mkinitrd script

G'day Chris and sluggers...

I've got the RAID up and going - including /boot.  :) :) :)

All the partitions are the same across HDs except for /boot - this is
causing a bit of a problem.

The HDs are the same type. The number of cylinders on the disks are 4467.
Mandrake's diskdrake decided to write the sdb11 partition as ending at
4468. ?? (/boot resides on /dev/md6 - which is comprised of /dev/sda11 and

/dev/sdb11 - /dev/sdb11 is the only non-failed partition in the RAID
array)

Naturally, I could only set sda11 as ending at 4467 using fdisk. Hence,
when I go to `raidhotadd /dev/md6 /dev/sda11` it complains "/dev/md6: con
not hot-add disk: too small disk!"

Ack!  I thought of copying /boot to a temp directory, un-mounting /boot
and replacing it with the temp directory.

However, you can't `umount /boot` on a live system.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get around this without rebooting
the system?

Thanks heaps.

Mike
---