Hi all,

can I have X forwarding over ssh such that it works from
desktop to desktop machines with 2 firewalls in between?

ie.
desktop1 <--> fw1 <--internet--> fw2 <--> desktop2

and desktop 1 and 2 have private IP addresses (on different
subnets etc as well).  fw 1 and 2 have real IP addresses.

So far when I try this, my display var starts off set to
":0" on desktop1, I ssh -X to fw2, display var is now not
set so no X apps start.  I manually set the DISPLAY to
export DISPLAY=`echo $SSH_CLIENT | awk '{print $1":0"}'`
but the trouble is it is the IP address of fw1 which not
surprisingly rejects the connection.

So what am I doing wrong?

ta,
Dave.