User requirement:

Receiving faxes via efax/jfax whatever. All come in as multi-page tif. Which apparently is a bit of a standard in 'document management software' circles.

Perfect solution: To provide in the combo box on the evolution email, an option to view all pages (electric eyes only shows the first one! So does the gimp etc.) and to print them.

Current solution: Provides a script to convert the MPtiff to pdf and view it in xpdf.

>cat /usr/local/bin/viewtiff #!/bin/sh convert $1 $1.ps ps2pdf $1.ps rm $1.ps xpdf $1.pdf

This will convert a tiff to pdf and view it in xpdf. Interestingly 'convert' did a really bad job of multi-page tif to pdf direct. ps2pdf was much better. Also it's fast, less than a second to do 6 pages to pdf from tif. Probably due to what Gus mentioned about tif just being a wrapper.

Using Gnome, I've added it to Nautilus scripts so the user can do it on the current focused file target. To add to Nautilus' scripts I put it in /home/user/.gnome2/nautilus-scripts/.

I've tried using gnomes file types to make it available direct in evolution but it doesn't seem to hang together.

If I crack that I'll post it.

HTHSomeone

Stu