Voytek wrote:

would you mind emailing me a demo fax page as well it's PDF, just curious
what results you get, I tried that a long time ago, using acrobat (or, I
should say, some used a crobat to convert my scanned stuff), and, I wsn't
impressed in the qulity.

Quality was OK. Can't send you a demo as its all confidential info.

how do your file sizes compare tiff vs pdf ?

See below, pdf was smaller than original tif!!!!:

-rw-r--r--    1 sfg      sfg        275868 Jul 23 10:56 178ace2.tif
-rw-r--r--    1 sfg      sfg        231101 Jul 30 08:18 178ace2.tif.pdf

Stu

Voytek Eymont wrote:

** Reply to note from Stuart Guthrie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Wed, 30 Jul 2003 08:32:03 +1000

Stuart

Receiving faxes via efax/jfax whatever. All come in as multi-page tif. Which apparently is a bit of a standard in 'document management software' circles.

yes, I believe they mainly use TIFF-F (which is what my fax app uses, incidentally, as does my scan app)

Current solution: Provides a script to convert the MPtiff to pdf and view it in xpdf.

would you mind emailing me a demo fax page as well it's PDF, just curious what results you get, I tried that a long time ago, using acrobat (or, I should say, some used a crobat to convert my scanned stuff), and, I wsn't impressed in the qulity

how do your file sizes compare tiff vs pdf ?

/when this perosn converted for me, they bragged, look how much smaller it
is than your fax, after I looked at it, I could see why it was smaller..../

anyhow, I'll keep your script 'for future use'

Voytek Eymont