Bill Bennett wrote:
> I was going to use a .jpg file in a figure in a LaTeX document,
> on the grounds that an.eps file would be too big.

I don't have my cp of Goosens here to look up the graphics rule but it
looks like you are wanting to use latex and generate postscript. An eps
is not necessarily too big. Both convert and jpg2eps (which might even
already be on your system as it comes with many teTeX distributions)
just encapsulates the binary jpg and it wont be much bigger at all than
the jpg. Then you wont need the graphics rule at all.

> So I copied the method from Keith Reckdahl's "Using Imported Graphics in LaTeX2e",
> ie.,

Mike

UTS CRICOS Provider Code:  00099F

DISCLAIMER
This email message and any accompanying attachments may contain
read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or attachments.
immediately and delete this message. Any views expressed in this message
are those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly,
and with authority, states them to be the views the University of
Technology Sydney. Before opening any attachments, please check them for
viruses and defects.