On Tue, 2004-08-10 at 22:27, Simon Bryan wrote:
> 2. Is it possible to mix 'full' machines with LTSP machines? ie we have
> ten LTSP workstations, I could solve some of the USB issues if I had a
> machine with a local install of FC, but would need it to use the
> username/password from the LTSP server (nis?) and also use the home
> directory on the LTSP server or at least provide access to it through the
> desktop.

It is definitely possible to mix fat and thin clients. I've got a client
with two 'fat' video processing linux workstations (PCs) and several
other 'thin' workstations (older PCs).

You may need to set up extra services to provide LAN file sharing etc.
The fat clients are going to need more client/server style while
currently with thin client, everything is running on one box I guess?

HTH

Stuart Guthrie