On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 19:08:57 +1100
Karl Bowden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Is it possible to have an application running remotely on a Windows
> machine but appareing locally on a linux machine?

VNC in its various guises works quite well on a local network.

> I have been playing arround with rdesktop and a win2k machine.

Oh, VNC does the same.

> But I
> have only been able to export a complete desktop.
> What I am looking for is something more similar to the way X
> applications can be forwarded over a ssh session.

Something I got going just today is OpenSSH on a winxp machine, with
X forwarding on, so I can slogin to the windows machine and display
back onto the linux machine. However, this ONLY works for X applications
running on windows machine, not the normal windows apps.

Erik