On Sat Mar 12, Nick Croft wrote:
It's the .tex file I send. And sorry, I change it at the other end,
because unfortunately I can't get Utopia to work there, the installation
at work is more recent and `put' (ps Utopia) is next to impossible to
install and make work. Fortunately the home system is about 5 years old
(with upgrades to unstable) and utopia is still available.

Ok then it's the fact that you don't have that glyph on your work setup. .... snipped

The fix so far is to substitute for `fi' f\hspace{0mm}i . Neat? Well it
works. Typical phrase: 'Supply and fit in your Office. Final service call'.

Excellent solution. You can shorten that to f{}i

Just do a sed on your file so that fi becomes f{}i

Mike

--
Mike Lake
Caver, Linux enthusiast and interested in anything technical.