Our current email setup at work is Postfix on firewall running
spamassassin across all incoming emails, dropping emails for unknown local
users and forwarding what remains via SMTP to the local Notes Domino
server (running on RedHat 9).

I am trying to gradually phase out Notes.  I am looking to replace it with
a local IMAP server and use OfflineIMAP to allow users to synchronise
their mail to laptops and the like.  They will probably use Evolution as
their client.  This combination of tools looks like it will provide the
functionality they are used to (except for problem 2 below).  For the
moment I will have 2 systems.  New users will get the new system.  Old
users will be phased accross as they need new equipment (or any oher
excuse I can think of such as when they break something and I have to fix
it)

I have been fiddling with this for a while now and have a few problems and
am looking for any suggestions.

1.  At the moment I use an entry in the "transport" file for Postfix to
direct all mail for our domain to the Notes server.  I need to be able to
this by user but can't see how it is done.  Transport seems only to accept
domains.  Can postfix do this,and if so, how?

2.  With the Lotus Notes client running in IMAP mode I can create emails
offline.  When I sync the client with the server the server will send out
any unsent emails.  Copies of sent mails are thus filed in the main server
"sent" folder or as directed by the user.  Evolution seems to insist on
either an SMTP server or sendmail.  This will not create a "sent" mail
copy in  the main server IMAP store but will store it on the machine the
user happened to be using when they sent the email.  Is there a way round
this?  If not, is there an OSS client that would allow me to do this?

Thank you and regards
Steven