On Wed, 2007-02-28 at 16:54 +1100, Leslie Katz wrote:
> On that tab, I'm able to select my default web browser. I've got the
> Custom Web Browser button highlighted and a box into which I'm to put a
> command. The command which appears is the full path to the Firefox
> executable. I've tested that command from the command line and it does
> open Firefox. Unlike what I understand to be your situation, however,
> there is no option available on that tab relating to how links are to be
> opened.

If the box has the path to firefox and absolutely nothing else, then
that's your problem. When you click a link, evolution is running the
command "/usr/bin/firefox", without ever having a chance to pass in the
URL to actually open.

What you want to do is change that command to something like
"/usr/bin/firefox %s". That way, when you click a link, evolution will
substitute the %s for the URL to be opened before running the command.
So, when you click on http://google.com/ evolution will run
"/usr/bin/firefox http://google.com/";.

Of course, you can run absolutely any command you want there. Just
substitute %s where the URL to open is supposed to go.

Good luck,
--
Pete