On 05/06/07, Glen Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Tue, 2007-06-05 at 12:02 +1000, Zhasper wrote:

> It probably makes these types of automated scans, which are relying on
> you having common usernames with obvious passwords, less likely to do
> bad things to your machine.
>
> On the other hand, they're already 100% unlikely to access your
> machine, assuming you don't have common usernames with obvious
> passwords. You can't get better than that.

10% of users will choose a poor password. Better to get ssh to
insist on a public key, and then call login so it can ask for
their password too.

Yes.. but I'd made an assumption that Voytek doesn't have any users on
his machine.

I should have stated that assumption though..
--
There is nothing more worthy of contempt than a man who quotes himself
- Zhasper, 2004