On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 09:40:16AM +0900, jam wrote:
> [...]
[snip]

> ummmm it very simple, not convoluted at all:
>
> Mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] gets vetted
>
> It is delivered, sent to maybe or sent to amspam
>
> every user can accept their mail, or (mailer dependant eg kmail == button)
> bounce the mail to user amspam. They can even troll, usually via webmail,

Not sure if we are talking about the same thing (might be but I am not getting
it).

I run exim on my server to handle my mail domain

I use the linkage between exim and spamassassin to identify spam at USER & DATA
steps of the smtp connection. This spamassassin runs as spamassassin

Then when an email say [EMAIL PROTECTED] comes in for me. exim delivers it via
procmail which run spamassassin again but with my DB instead of the system wide
one. I have folder setup
.Ham - a cron job checks in her for email that should be not marked as
spam

.MarkedSpam - this is where the automatically marked spam mail ends up

.Spam - this is where I place the spam that did not got automatically marked as
spam, again a cron job looks at this.

I would like to be able to take mail from  [EMAIL PROTECTED] (presume it did
not get
auto marked as spam) and not only add its information to my spamassassin db but
to add it to the system wide DB.  I thought about have an email address that I
could bounce (mutt bounce) messages to.  But the email will look like it came
from me (i think) and thus taint the system wide DB

I believe what you have described is what I am doing currently, but not what I
am trying to extend to - updating the system wide DB

> maybe. Any real mail found in maybe is bounced to amnot.
>
> In my specific case mail from [EMAIL PROTECTED] was tagged as spam so 303 was
> whitelisted.
>
> If you are not running your mail server, surely your upstream provider does
> the dirty work?
[snip]

> hmmm seems to work :-)
> James
> --

God helps them that help themselves.
                -- Benjamin Franklin, "Poor Richard's Almanac"