If we're going to plug "This suggestion completely contradicts what
you said you were looking for,  but..." solutions, SLUG's hosts
Atlassian have some products that seem to fit the bill - Jira
(http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/) probably being the best
match.

It's written in a real language, Java, and is also free for
open-source projects and community groups. The licence gives you
access to the source and the right to make your own modifications
forever (and when the licence expires, it just means you don't get
access to new source any more - your existing install still works, and
you still have the right to make your own modifications) (at least, I
think it does, check before you hand over cash though).

(obdisc: my partner works for Atlassian. I was an Atlassian fanboy
even before he started working there)

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 9:17 AM, David Peterson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  On Fri, 2008-02-29 at 08:44 +1100, Marghanita da Cruz wrote:
>
>  > My wish list was a graphical representation of requirements, tracking,
>  > prioritisation and scheduling, costing and a web accessible (not requiring
> an
>  > additional app to view)....and slides for presentations.
>  >

>  Hi Marghanita,
>
>  It's not open source, but have you checked out Mingle by ThoughtWorks
>  studios. It's an agile software design tool and would seem to support
>  some of the requirements you identify. In conjunction with open-source
>  tools like a wiki and Trac (or a trac-like tool) it might get you a long
>  way.
>
>  http://studios.thoughtworks.com/mingle-project-intelligence
>
>  It's written in Ruby on Rails (runs under JRuby) and is free (cost) to
>  use for small development teams. HTH.
>
>  Dave
>

>  --

There is nothing more worthy of contempt than a man who quotes himself
- Zhasper, 2004