On Tue, 2009-04-07 at 16:10 +1000, Daniel Pittman wrote:
> Robert Collins <robe...@robertcollins.net> writes:
> > On Tue, 2009-04-07 at 15:25 +1000, Daniel Pittman wrote:
> >>
> >> Out of curiosity, what number of users are you considering "real
> >> users" here?  I agree with what you are saying, but you certainly
> >> seem to have a much, much higher standard than I (at least) am used
> >> to for "real" use.
> >
> > Millions.
>
> *nod*  Fair enough.  In that case, indeed, I have never worked on
> software with real users.
>
> IIRC, the peak deployment of any software package I worked on[1] was only a
> few tens of thousands of people, at a some hundreds of different
> companies around the world.
>
> All very experimental.

Hmm discounts all my work.  In one company a mere 2,000 employees got to
see it.

Hey if my software is used by tens of people but the results are seen by
millions does that count?  Nope I guess not really.

I am wandering away depressed that I have squandered my life programming
meaningless applications...