Heracles <herac...@iprimus.com.au> writes:

G'day Heracles.

> Sorry Daniel if I offended your favourite program.

If I was particularly fond of PulseAudio I wouldn't have described it in the
terms I chose at the end.  Just sayin'

> It is just that I have had to re-setup my sound several times now with each
> ubuntu upgrade and it has almost always been a problem that could be lain at
> the feet of PulseAudio.

You would hardly be the first person.  I think the PulseAudio developers have
a similar view of Ubuntu, who they feel did about as bad a job as possible in
integrating PA into the distribution. ;)

> I have been able to solve the problem this time with Robert's advice and
> editing of some files but in the past it has had to be removed to repair the
> system and it took ubuntu desktop with it - not a characteristic of a well
> behaved program. It has given me grief in the past so I have always
> considered it malware but I take your point and will not do so in future.

Well, it is your choice as to how you describe it; just expect that you might
occasionally be asked to explain why it qualifies. :)

        Daniel

--
✣ Daniel Pittman            ✉ dan...@rimspace.net            ☎ +61 401 155 707
   Looking for work?  Love Perl?  In Melbourne, Australia?  We are hiring.