John,

Answers inline.

Kind Regards

Kyle

On 17/02/11 2:00 PM, John Clarke wrote:
Are you having problems updating the A record or the PTR record, or
both?
## Both. DHCP is simply not updating DNS journals when a lease is renewed.
Can you manually update either or both with nsupdate run on the DNS
server.
## No, nsupdate extract from last email was run on the dns server.
Can you do the same with nsupdate on the DHCP server?
## Same box.
Are the clocks on the DHCP server and the DNS server synchronised?  I
don't remember why this mattered (it's been years since I set this up
myself), but I do remember having updates fail when the clocks were not
synchronised.
## Same box
Can you send me your DNS and DHCP config files?
## Whole sordid sorry saga here (files and all), fresh this a.m.; https://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=30159