On Tuesday 18 Oct 2011 13:31:59 Ken Foskey wrote:
> A gear will appear near your name,  you can then select classic
> Gnome from the start up.
> Personally I have moved to XUbuntu and xfce.  Seems to work OK for
> me so far.  I did this by installing xubuntu and then using the
> gear wheel to select xfce.

I didn't like the LXDE desktop but I'm geting used to it.  Since I
discovered the Cairo dock which is at the bottom of my screen.  Bit
like Mac with a lightweight Gnome desktop.   I had to install
Xscreensaver for the screensaver but it works for me.  I tell people
to try them all.  You have to log out to try the next one.  Not hard
to do.

--
Richard
http://www.sheflug.oorg.uk