G'day all,

I have an old laptop I'm planning to use at installation sites for a knockabout test laptop. It's a Toshiba Satellite L10: Pentium M 1.6GHz, 768MB RAM, 40GB HDD, Intel Pro 2200BG WLAN.

I've tried several distributions on it so far, and getting a bit frustrated:

 * Ubuntu, Fedora & CentOS install and run wireless (critical need) OK,
   but /*very*/ slowly
 * Lubuntu, Puppy, WattOS & Knoppix run pretty quickly, but wireless is
   more than a little flaky - and slow to set up if it connects at all.
   I'm no longer a newbie, but neither do I want to have to play with
   command line configuration of wireless for every access point I set up!

Am I really asking too much for a light distribution that will run quickly /*and*/ have simple support for wireless? If not, can anyone suggest a suitable distro?

--

NetSense Computers logoRegards,
Edwin Humphries

--
This email is intended for the named addressee/s only and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not a named addressee please delete it and notify the sender.
--

"/At every moment he beholdeth a wondrous world, a new creation, and goeth from astonishment to astonishment, and is lost in awe at the works of the Lord of Oneness./" Baha'u'llah, The Seven Valleys "./.. humans are interesting. With all the wonders there are in the Universe, they invented boredom./" Terry Pratchet, Hogfather "/The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed./" Albert Einstein /"Stuff your eyes with wonder ... live as if you'd drop dead in ten seconds. See the world. It's more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories./" Ray Bradbury