Hi Tuxta,

Recently bought the following but with an Intel chip rather than AMD.

ASUS P9X79 Deluxe mothboard.
Intel Six-Core i7-3930K, OC up to 4.4GHz, X79 Chipset,
32GB DDR3 RAM,
NVidia GTX560Ti SLI
2 x Samsung monitors

Tried Centos 6.2 to start with and it ran well but now running Fedora 17 out of the box so to speak.
No proprietary drivers at all.

Dual screens run perfectly
The rest screams along.

I'm happy.