On 12/11/14 15:13, DaZZa wrote:
> And it flat out refused to boot. Nada. Get nicked.
>
> I thought I must have stuffed up the image - but both disks booted the
> first device fine.
>
> After scratching my head for a few hours and trying every BIOS option
> I could find, I decided to try a fresh install from the CD onto the
> new device - and stuff me if it didn't work.
>
> Now I'm at the point where one "disk" will boot on one device but not
> on the other.
>
> Has anyone come across this before? Is it something specific to
> Ubuntu, or is it the stupid "SecureBoot" crap (which was turned off,
> by the way) they put into the BIOS for these things doing *something*
> to the "disk" to make the second device not recognise it?
>
> Not really an issue, because I've fixed them so they both boot now -
> but I'm intensely curious as to *why* this happened.
>
> DaZZa

I have no idea aboot secure boot, it might be the problem, no idea.
I have seen a linux appliance that wouldn't work after being dd'd
because the mac address changed and the ethernet device
became eth1, and the appliance had hard coded eth0 in it.

I can't see how that would matter in this scenario, but thought
I would mention it.