I advise using the following SchedulerParameters, partition_job_depth, and bf_max_job_part. This will force the scheduler to schedule jobs for each partition. Otherwise it will take a strictly top down approach.

This is what we run:

# default_queue_depth should be some multiple of the partition_job_depth,
# ideally number_of_partitions * partition_job_depth.
SchedulerParameters=default_queue_depth=5700,partition_job_depth=100,bf_interval=1,bf_continue,bf_window=2880,bf_resolution=3600,bf_max_job_test=50000,bf_max_job_part=50000,b
f_max_job_user=1,bf_max_job_start=100,max_rpc_cnt=8

These parameters work well for a cluster of 50,000 cores, 57 queues, and about 40,000 jobs per day. We are running 14.03.8

-Paul Edmon-